Thank you so much to LaRena, from LaRena’s Corner, who so kindly nominated me for the Liebster Award! Being new to the blogging community, I was incredibly touched that anyone would consider me for this, so I sincerely thank you LaRena. If you have not yet read her blog, then you must go and check out her amazing recipes. She has a Swedish background that is brought out in so many things she cooks. Because of specific diet restrictions, she makes the healthiest recipes suited to her needs, look absolutely scrumptious! She is fantastic!
About the Award:
Liebster award is an award for bloggers from bloggers. In this award, fellow bloggers nominate a blogger especially when he/she is new. This type of awards gives a nice kick to an upcoming bloggers career. It boosts his/her morale. It also provides the much-needed recognition to an aspiring blogger.
What makes me passionate about blogging?
I started blogging about 3 months ago, in an attempt to diarize the progress of the building of our property, Scarlett Homestead, from the ground up. We bought a totally raw, 40 acre property in Arlington, WA, a year ago and we wanted to keep our family and community up to date with our progress, and have a few laughs along the way. I want it to be an honest platform for who we are, what we are doing, and let people know what our future plans are for our business, and how we will use the land to provide an all natural resource of food to our community. We plan to use our Homestead not only as a place to live, but to raise grass fed livestock, plant fresh produce, continue with our love of keeping honey bees and anything else the future will hold. As we build this from the ground up, I hope to keep learning more as I go – a city girl fumbling through a new life, but enjoying every moment with each phase we go through. And through each phase of waiting (building permits take MONTHS to put it mildly) to keep moving forward with our building and business, I will keep cooking for my boys, try to make more natural homemade products, learn about our land and what it has to offer us, and allow you to laugh at me as I stumble through it all!
I truly have so much fun with this – both with writing, and meeting so many wonderful people from around the world with so many talents, fascinating stories and real life every day ‘stuff’. I had no idea how much I would enjoy this. So thanks for reading and allowing me to be a part of this community!
Ten Random Facts About Myself
- I am a Canadian girl living in Washington State, USA
- I can bend my left pointer finger all the way back to my wrist
- I love playing the guitar and singing. Whether or not I’m good, is irrelevant. 🙂
- My favorite food is french fries (especially McDonald’s – but don’t tell anyone)
- When I met my husband I knew I would marry him on our first date
- I could survive on bread alone
- I hated that I had freckles when I was a kid, but now I love them
- My favorite city in the world is still home, Vancouver, BC
- When I am sick, I secretly watch old VHS tapes of Disney movies to make myself feel better (Little Mermaid, every time)
- My celebrity crush is Will Ferrell (My husband knows and is ok with that)
What is your favourite time of the year? Fall through Winter
Are you the sunrise or the sunset in people’s lives? I would hope, a sunrise!
If you were to write a book about yourself what would the title be? “A City Girl’s Guide to First-Time Homesteading, Tripping Down the Path the Whole Way.”
If you were a superhero, which power would you like to have? Fly, always fly!
What does happiness mean for you? Family. With every passing year, my family is the most important thing in my life. Each one of them makes me overwhelmingly happy.
What emoji best describes your personality? The one that’s laughing with tears coming out of both eyes – I love a good laugh.
If you could use someone else’s brain for the day whose would you choose? Mother Teresa maybe….I’d like to be that good of a person.
What would you do with your last £5 (or$5)? It would be for my son Judah, for whatever he needed. It’s crazy how gladly you give your last of anything to your children, without any hesitation.
If money was no object where would you travel in the world? To every continent, and every country one by one. Every place has it’s own beauty and unique flavor. I want to see it all.
Name your best holiday experience, by that I mean relaxing, adventure or something else? I have great childhood vacation memories going to Hawaii, but I have to say that travelling through France with my husband on our honeymoon topped the charts for romance.
If you could learn a different language in a day which would you choose and why? I wish I could speak every language!!! But I do wish I could speak German fluently as it is the language of my family’s origins.
My additional question to the next nominees: If you could time travel to one specific moment from your past, where would you be, what were you doing, and what makes it one of your best memories?
My Liebster Award Nominees:
Official rules for 2018:
- Thank the person who nominated you and put a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog .
- For the 2018 Liebster Award, Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (optional).
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs
- List these rules in your post
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated, that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post, as well as The Global Aussie site for all official rules and guidelines.
Good luck to all nominees!
– The Homesteaders Wife